Our vision is to:
- Promote and nurture the historical values for Cherokee citizens living outside the Cherokee Nation boundaries.
- To learn and retain Cherokee language and culture for future generations.
- To be knowledgeable and assist the tribal nation in the issues facing modern Cherokee citizens.
- To disseminate information on issues and to act as liaison for the Cherokee Nation.
- To work in concert with other pilot California citizen organizations for the benefit of the Cherokee Nation as a whole.
Promote and nurture the historical values for Cherokee citizens living outside the Cherokee Nation boundaries.
This organization will be directed predominately by citizens of the Cherokee Nation. However, non-citizen Cherokees, family members, and non-Indians with an interest in the Cherokee Nation are also welcome to participate.
Schedule of Regular San Diego Cherokee Community Meetings:
May 21 - Spring Picnic at Lake Murray
More information can be found on them here.
June, July, August: No meetings
Oct. 21 Chief's meeting at Admiral Baker Field
More information can be found on them here. All meetings will be held at The Veterans Museum in Balboa Park unless otherwise stated from 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
All events are subject to change.
If you wish to have more information about this event or any other information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for directions to the Veterans Museum
Click here for directions to the Lake Murray location
Click here for a map to the De Anza Cove
Click here for a map and directions to Liberty Station
Click here for directions to Crown Point North
Click here for directions to Admiral Baker Field - 2400 Admiral Baker Rd, San Diego, CA 92124
Top of Page
Home | Membership | Events | Issues | Council | Library | Photos | Videos
San Diego Cherokee Community
1098 Canyon Creek Pl.
Escondido, CA 92025
The San Diego Cherokee Community is a federal tax exempt 501(3) Not For Profit corporation chapter of the Cherokee Nation Community Association Corporation recognized by the IRS as a public charity created to promote and nurture the historic values and culture for Cherokee Citizens living outside the Cherokee Nation boundaries.